Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweet Tea...

Nothing says Southern better than a big ol' glass of sweet tea.  So simple to create - "good water" (meaning filtered, not tap), sugar, tea bags - and oh so good.


As far as I know, recipes for making sweet tea are pretty much the same all across the southeastern US, but oddly enough, everyone's tea tastes just a little different, even within the same family.  My husband can't stand the stuff, but my son Tyler loves it even more so than soda.  I find that funny considering Tyler spent most of his young life living out in the Great Plains of South Dakota (where ordering a glass of sweet tea at the restaurant will undoubtedly get you a gasp, and possibly an, "Oy vey!" from the waitress).    Regardless, the boy learned at an early age just what this nectar of the gods was as well as how to make it.  And yes, his sweet tea tastes slightly different than mine even though I taught him how to make it.



:)

Monday is coming around the corner too fast for this gal!  For those of you who do not know, I'm having yet another surgery Monday to continue with my nearly completed breast reconstruction ORDEAL.  I'll save that long story for another time when it's not 1:30-in-the-morning-and-I-have-to-get-up-in-5-hours kind of day...er...night.  You get the picture. :) Time for that last sip of sweet tea and then off to bed...

saluu,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

We dig hearing from you! Comments are moderated so they may not appear right away. Linking your store or product in the comment section just isn't groovy (and won't appear). If you want to advertise, we have some rockin' sponsor space on the cheap. Mean or disruptive comments isn't our bag either baby and won't fly here. Peace & thank you!