There are probably thirty gazillion Peanut butter Rice Krispie Treat recipes on the internet, so if this is similar to anyone else's recipe, my apologies! This is a recipe my husband and I came up with some time ago and have played around with it to get just the right peanut butter-marshmellow flavor he enjoys. I personally prefer these made with crunchy peanut butter, but Honeyman prefers the smooth version. If you make these yourself, please leave me a comment letting me know what you think! These are super easy to make and one that kids can help with! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 1/2 cups (around 12 oz.) crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 2 regular bags tiny marshmallows (some folks prefer marshmallow creme instead, but I prefer using the actual marshmallows)
- 1/2 stick of butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (some prefer chocolate Rice Krispies instead of plain)
- 9x13 inch rectangular glass, ceramic, or metal pan sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray or greased with butter (I've found that cooking spray works the best)
- optional ingredients: add up to 2 of these with the Rice Krispies depending on your taste - chocolate chip morsels; coconut; peanut butter tiny morsels; chopped walnuts; M&M's