Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I'm a bit new to this blogging thing so please bear with me.   First of all, I'd like to welcome you to my blog!  This has been in the works for awhile now, but it's finally here! Yay!  Secondly, I'd love to tell you what this blog is all about. This is primarily a place to share crafty ideas and tutorials, make some new friends,and learn a few things, but it's also a place for me to share some of what's going on in my life. 

A little about me (beyond the "About Me" section): I'm a Professional Registered Nurse working full-time as an RN Case Manager for a Hospice company.  My job is never dull and is highly rewarding.  Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say that I enjoy being a nurse, but I do love taking care of my patients. I know that probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense so I'll explain what I mean.  I love taking care of my patients, but I very much dislike all the red tape and paperwork that goes along with it. I also dislike the current job instability (yes, even nurses are having a hard time finding jobs).  That being said, the other reason I don't particularly enjoy being a nurse is because I have Systemic Lupus and Fibromyalgia.  If you know anything about either condition, you know that fatigue and pain play a big role here.  It can get frustrating at times, but eh, it's life!

Now on to the fun stuff!  Crafting is my FAVORITE thing to do and what I do when I'm not at work.  I spin, knit, crochet, weave, embroider, sew, make handmade soaps and am trying to learn quilting.  I could do this 24/7, I kid you not!  I'm so excited to get this blog going and hopefully soon, will get some fab tutorials up!  If you happen to be wondering what the whole "Fred's in the Head" thing is about??  We have two Boston Terrier rescues who I ADORE!  Our little Koko is the doggie on the left and Bodie is the doggie on the right. Female and male.  As mischievous and rambunctious as they come!  I don't know when I started calling them, "Fred's in the head," but it fits them perfectly.   They inspire a great deal of my creativity and snuggle really nice too...

This is going to be an exciting week!  SewMamaSew is doing their Giveaway Day and I'm going to be participating for the first time!  I'll be posting more about it tomorrow so check back and see what I'm going to be offering for the Giveaway!  This will be going on all week starting December 12, 2011 through December 16, 2011 and there will be many, MANY crafty blogs giving great stuff away. :) More later!

xoxox,
Susan (a.k.a. StitchGoddess)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I have a Boston terrier too. And a Scottie. They inspire a lot of what I do as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prizes!

    My favorite color (at the moment) is orange. I think because it's my son's first favorite color :) I use it in crafts a lot but not in anything I wear because it looks horrible on me!

    ReplyDelete

We dig hearing from you! Comments are moderated so they may not appear right away. Linking your store or product in the comment section just isn't groovy (and won't appear). If you want to advertise, we have some rockin' sponsor space on the cheap. Mean or disruptive comments isn't our bag either baby and won't fly here. Peace & thank you!